I have always enjoyed cooking, but having a cooking group forces me to get creative and experiment in the kitchen.
For my last group I made one of my all times favorites. Black bean, walnut, miso dip. Here we go step by step!
1. Chop 1 onion and caramelize (this will take several minutes so start some of the other steps and come back to stir your onions).
2. Turn food processor on and drop in one clove of garlic.
3. Drain and rinse a 29 oz (or two 15 oz) can of black beans (BPA free can) and put in food processor
4. Add in caramelized onions, and then put 1/2 a cup of walnuts on the pan (continue to next steps but come back to stir walnuts every minute or so)
5. Add 1/3 cup of olive oil, some ground pepper, and 2 tbs of red miso to the mix
6. Add walnuts and blend!
7. If the mixture is too thick add some water, but slowly as you don't want to make soup! Also if your dip is not salty enough add more miso and blend again.
8. Garnish with a few broken walnuts, cover, chill for an hour or more and then serve with veggies or tortilla chips.