One of my favorite meals of all time is my mediterranean lunch delight. It takes about 5 minutes to prepare and is such a treat for taste buds and overall body health.
Start the adventure by toasting 2 slices of sourdough leavened bread.
Once the bread is warm and to your liking add some sliced avocado, a few slices of raw cheese, a slice of roasted red or yellow bell pepper, a few basil leaves, and sprouts to garnish.
Sprinkle the whole event with a drizzle of olive oil, sea salt and/or a squeeze of lemon.
On the side serve a small salad of greens (romaine, bib, or arugula), cherry tomatoes, and sliced radishes or a side of cooked greens (chard, kale, collards).
What is so potent and amazing about these cast of characters?
- Sourdough leavened bread is less acidic then normal bread and deactivates phytic acid which can block some minerals from absorbing in the body.
- Avocados have a ton of fiber and promote blood sugar regulation.
- Raw cheese has all the nutrients available since it has not ben pasteurized.
- Bell peppers are high in vitamin C and are full of antioxidants.
- Basil has anti-bacterial properties and provides protection on a cellular level.
- Sprouts hold more concentrated nutrients read more here