A few posts ago I wrote about Malicious Mercury and its detrimental effects on health and vitality.
Today with my mercury amalgam fillings removed from my mouth its time to initiate a detox to remove this toxic waste once and for all.
While I have always read about the effects of mercury, I was surprised that the first 3 days after getting my fillings out I felt like I had chronic fatigue.
I was taking my basic herbs, moving my body, eating well but I just couldn't muster any energy. My eyes where hurting which in Traditional Chinese Medicine correlates to the liver. All of this even after my Biological Dentist took every precaution to minimize my exposure.
When it comes to cleansing from mercury it it important to remember that this is not a small task, and while you can incorporate some of these rituals, to be truly effective consider working with an informed alternative health practitioner.
If you are curious at getting a baseline reading of your mercury levels refer to the previous post for testing information.
When it comes to detoxification it is important to remember that the body is a very intelligent instrument. Assuming you are not dealing with a genetic deficiency that makes it more difficult for your body to produce glutathione, your body will be able to cleanse well but still need some added support.
Prep Time: before you invite mercury to come out of its hiding places in the fat tissues its vital to prep the body for the cleanse. Remember that the way the body will eliminate heavy metals is through your liver, kidneys and gut so all 3 have to be primed and ready to go. Prep for 2-3 months before moving into a full detox.
- Elimante all foods that trigger inflammation in your system including sugar, dairy, gluten, processed foods, refined oils and corn. Only consume high quality eggs and low mercury fish like sardines or anchovies for protein.
- Utilize healthy fats like Krill (omega 3), olive, avocado, coconut oil and ghee.
- Incorporate more zinc and selenium which will help in the detox.
- Take a B Vitamin supplement.
- Increase sulfur containing foods like broccoli, collards, kale, daikon radish, garlic, onions, and omega-3 eggs.
- Take a probiotic supplement twice daily.
- Increase your intake of fermented foods like sauerkraut and kimchi.
- Eat more endives and drink lemon water to prep the kidneys.
One Week: before you get started begin to incorporate a few more steps to the ones above
- Take alginate from seaweed which helps bind metal in the gut.
- Add n-acetylcysteine, lipoic acid, milk thistle (for the liver), and garlic oil (either chew garlic raw or get the oil, odorless garlic oil won't work).
- Begin to sweat ideally through sauna therapy 3x a week. Take electrolytes to replenish essential minerals.
- Begin using glutathione from grass fed whey protein.
Go Time: its time to coax mercury to come out and stay out. Here there are several options to play with, again consider consulting a health practitioner to make sure you are well informed. Make sure to continue all of the above steps as you implement the following.
- Take a product called Bio-Chelat it claims to not have any potential side effects sometimes found with DMSA (DMSA should only be used under the supervision of a health care provider) and works a bit slower which reduces the risk of mercury reabsorption to sensitive brain tissues.
- Continue your saunas to 3-5x a week.
- Make and consume cilantro pesto 5x a week.
- Take chlorella tablets.
- Drink ample filtered water to ensure urine is clear.
- Ensure you have two bowel movements a day
- Take more vitamin B and consider taking concentrated form of Lypo-Spheric vitamin C to help the detox be more effective.