Pesto is one of my favorite foods. So easy to prepare, lasts for weeks, and can be spread on a slice of bread, used as a pasta sauce or as a tasty dip.
It's a hit with adults and kids but how do you make sure you don't spend a fortune in the preparation? Here is the secret:
1. Roast 1/2 a cup of walnuts on a pan (continue to next steps but come back to stir the walnuts making sure they don't burn)
2. Throw one clove of garlic into the food processor while its on so it gets sliced into bits.
3. Wash your basil (two large bunches) and place inside
4. Add some sea salt, splash of olive oil, 1/4 cup of parmesan, and the secret ingredient 2 tbsp of tahini (make sure you shake your jar well to mix before scooping it out, otherwise it will be too oily)
5. Throw walnuts and blend!
6. Place in a bowl, cover, chill, and serve!