I often find myself attracted to subject matters that defy my Virgo nature to box things up and reach a final conclusions. Its probably the reason that I love nutrition.
Just when I think I have a grasp of something I discover more about how food and the body interact.
In my latest exploration I have been reading and listening about the role of sulfur in regards to health.
Sulfur works in the background and is key in:
- Biological functioning and shape of proteins.
- Enzyme functionality.
- Hair, nail, and joint health.
- Maintenance and integrity of cellular systems.
How can you get enough sulfur in your diet?
- Eat more onions, leeks, shallots and garlic (if you find raw too pungent, steam them lightly).
- Consume more cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, Brussel sprouts, bock chop and other members of the Brassicas family (again lightly steamed is best for sulfur availability).
- Explore grass fed beef, pastured eggs, and omega 3 rich fish.
Especially if you find yourself struggling with depression, fatigue, or high stress add in some sulfur foods and notice if they make a difference.