Today I started snacking on tasty farm fresh orange tomatoes. My tastebuds went wild, it felt like a dance party out of control.
I have always loved the taste of tomatoes when they are in season, but I tend to forget how good they really are.
Luckily I get reminded every single year.
In addition to adding color to your life tomatoes have many other fun facts:
- Believed to have originated in Peru, Ecuador, Columbia, Chilie, and the western half of Boliva
- High in lycopene which is useful in bone health, heart health, and prevention of prostate cancer
- The french call it the 'love apple'
- Its really a fruit or more specifically a berry of the plant Lycopersicon esculentum
- Tomatoes are nightshades and may create digestive and joint inflammation in some very sensitive individual
To summer love.