Yoga is an ingenious science and art that often begins with the physical practice and later evolves into a greater understanding of the potency of the breath. Come and explore breathing techniques to create more vitality, deepen your focus, and cleanse your body from the inside out. With a breath exploration in place you'll dive into a more robust experience of meditation inspired by the Tantric tradition of yoga. Learn the philosophical differences and views on meditation, experience a practice that transcends the requirements for stillness of body and a quiet mind, and customize your own meditation techniques to fit your current life and desires.
In this refreshing workshop you will:
- Review the basics of breath work for a strong foundation.
- Work with Kapalabhati (Skull Shining Breath), Bramari (Bumble Bee Breath), and explore the root, belly and throat lock (to funnel life force energy to various regions in your body).
- Learn about Tantric meditation from the teachings of Lorin Roche and Douglas Brooks.
- Understand the science backed benefits of meditation practice.
- Walk out with a specific breath work and meditation plan to support a home practice.