- Toxic off gassing from vinyl floors--which babies crawl on--are now suspect in autism.
- BPA which is one chemical that did finally get attention--one down 79,999 to go--is linked to disruption of the thyroid and decreased intelligence.
- PVC's found in rain coats, detergents, cosmetics, and toys create havoc for the endocrine system and reduce testosterone in babies and adults.
- PFOA's found in non-stick cookware are linked to cancer, birth defects, and thyroid problems.
- Flame retardant chemicals--think how much of your life do you spend on your mattress--have been shown to cause problems in fetal development, thyroid disfunction, and decrease fertility.
- These chemicals are found in couches, shower curtains, carpets, pillows, toys, conventional cleaners, cosmetics, kitchenware and so much more.
It might be cheap to furnish your home at Target and Wallmart but what are the consequences if your internal home environment is inundated with chemicals?
Due to so many toxins and their effects the science community has coined a new term to describe babies born with already persistent chemicals in their system. 'Pre-Polluted'.
What has our world come to when children are born with toxins already in their system?
- Wood toys
- Wool mattresses, blankets, and pillows
- Natural fiber curtains
- Reclaimed wood furniture and floors
- Chemical free couches
- Natural cosmetics
- Eco cleaners, detergents, etc.
- Real ceramic, stainless, and cast iron cookware
- And so much more, click here for a blog dedicated to chemical free living!
- Get political and take steps for local and national change
There are many issues to engage with around the environment and health. But the reality is that the more we ignore the effects of invisible yet extremely harmful unregulated chemicals the greater disadvantage we create for future generations.